Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC) tools are available to the UConn IT community.
SDLC is an industry standard process that ensures the robust and efficient delivery of technology solutions. Tools are available to support this process from initiation to post-implementation, and UITS has adopted the Atlassian product suite to facilitate our development and operations lifecycle. It is operationally expensive for each university unit to independently acquire, deploy, and maintain similar tools, and this cost ultimately limits their use. We recognize that all of us are resource-constrained, and UITS is now sharing our tools with university software developers to cost effectively contribute to institutional best practices. The Atlassian suite includes the following modules:
- Confluence: Online tool used for capturing and sharing information
- Jira: Online Bug/Issue/Task/Project Tracking system
- Jira Agile: Add-on plugin for Jira which provides enhanced capability for agile based projects
- Git: Source Code Repository/Version Control system
- Stash: Online Git Repository Manager
- Source Tree: Git client for Macintosh and Windows computers